Monday, January 11, 2010

Dust Bowl Experience

BLAGH! PHATU! GAG! ... Sorry... dust.

There's dang ol' dust up to the roof! Billy Bob done busted his leg tryin' to ski off the roof. I'd tell ya' there's no crop left alive but... I can't see the ground. Even indoors, it's all over like a cat in a microwave! I had ta wrap this here screen in Seran Wrap to see it.

I bought a car just a while before the dust bowl came, hot pink (don't judge me!) and the dust stripped away all that paint! Every day, it seems, there's a black cloud closin' in on us and all that light just blows out when the dust comes, just like all the wheat.

They promised us a land of prosperity. I used to have acres of wheat, I was makin' record crop this season... bu one day the rain just stopped comin'... it got oddly hot and I was just thinkin' "At least we got the sunshine. But that didn't last neither.

The dust got through every crack in the house, it would get into our food and we'd just be tastin' dust. And one day, we actually just ate a big plate o' dust.

HELP ME INTR-O-NET!

No comments:

Post a Comment