Monday, September 21, 2009

Sensory Writing: Smell and Taste

A vaporous wave of perspiring butter dissolving aerated puffs bombarded my nostrils. The air waned to the aroma that lingered in the air long after its source was taken from beneath my twitching nose. The sultry, warm scent seamed through the caverns of my nostrils and the strong scent went so deep I felt it on the back of my tongue.

Dry flakes turned to warm mush in my mouth as buttery flavors squeezed out and gushed against my tongue. The ruff pieces of un-popped kernels scraped against my tongue. They were resiliant and didn't crumble when they slid between my hinging jaws. With every gulp, the course mush still hot and fresh slithered down my throat and left me forgetting I had even eaten it, wanting more. And so more hot, butterly puffs found their way into my mouth. I kept going until it was no more and I was content. But not really

No comments:

Post a Comment